· Week 1— Why is God so mad? Is God 100% pleased with me?
· Week 2—Why is God so happy?
· Week 3a—What is faith?
· Week 3b—Who reigns?
· Week 4—Well then, why not sin?
· Week 5—So why do I still sin? I sin because of the incredible war within.
So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good. The trouble is with me, for I am all too human [carnal], a slave to sin. I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate.
But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good. So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.
Who does God say that I am?
IF I am in Christ…
· I have admitted my sin which earns me eternal separation from God
· And have accepted his free gift of forgiveness and righteousness which grants me eternal life
· I am FORGIVEN (therefore I belong)
· I am HOLY
· I am a MINISTER OF JESUS
· I am His WITNESS
Do you operate from a place of fear or do you operate from a place of confidence (or faith)?
What do you fear?
So how do you live your life?
- Do you live your life in fear, or do you live your life in confidence?
We operate out of the fear that we are not good enough.
You fear that you are going to fail.
What does it look like to operate from confidence?
Confidence starts with peace. Peace with God.
Really Living starts with these two questions:
1. Am I operating out of fear or confidence (hope)?
2. Am I living to kill or killing to live?
Therefore, dear brothers and sisters, you have no obligation to do what your sinful nature urges you to do. For if you live by its dictates, you will die.
Where do I stand now—I stand in Grace so that I can live by faith in Him
Focus on these 4 things:
1. Am I going to build my life on grace
2. What Jesus has done for me—is enough for me
3. I am going to believe that to be true
4. I am going to follow Jesus
1 Corinthians 11:27-29
So anyone who eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord unworthily is guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. That is why you should examine yourself before eating the bread and drinking the cup. For if you eat the bread or drink the cup without honoring the body of Christ, you are eating and drinking God’s judgment upon yourself.
1 Corinthians 11:23-24
For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body, which is for[f] you. Do this in remembrance of me.”
1 Corinthians 11:25-26
In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.” For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.